Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Part 17.

Here is my latest edition to my love story. Thanks for reading!!! :)


Lindsi couldn’t fight the tears that began to form in her eyes. Trevor knew she wasn’t sad though. She had the biggest smile on her face he had ever seen. “Trevor…” Lindsi said as she tried to control herself. Trevor took the ring out of the box for her. “Will you wear this ring Lindsi?” Trevor said starting to tear up himself. “Yes. Yes. Yes.” Lindsi repeated over and over as Trevor slipped the ring on her finger. When the ring was on Lindsi wrapped her arms around Trevor and Trevor wrapped his arms around Lindsi. They just looked at each other for a long time. Finally Lindsi spoke up. “Trevor, I love you too.” Trevor then began to cry again. “Baby! Stop! You’re going to ruin my makeup.” Lindsi said tearing up again. “I’m sorry baby. It just means so much to hear you say that. You are the only girl I’ve ever said that to.” That stopped Lindsi dead. He had never told any other girl that he had dated that he loved them? Wow. “Really?” Lindsi asked. “Really. I’ve never really felt the connection with them that I do with you. It took a lot of guts to say that.” “I can only imagine, honey.” Lindsi said as she snuggled into his jacket. “So do you like your ring?” “I absolutely love it, and you.” Lindsi said smiling and wiping a stray tear away from the corner of Trevor’s eye. He then reached up and took Lindsi’s hand and kissed the tips of her fingers and kissed the ring. Lindsi beamed. “I love that smile. I love everything about you.” Trevor said as he kissed Lindsi. This kiss was different, it was like they both had nothing to hold back any longer. Their feelings were free. And they loved it.  “You know I was worried you weren’t going to like the ring, or me telling you I loved you.” Trevor said as the kiss ended. “Why?” Lindsi said shocked. “I’ve wanted to tell you since our dancing date. I was afraid it was too soon.” “No. Don’t think that. It was perfect timing.” “Trevor smiled and held Lindsi’s hand. “Do you want to go for a walk?” “Sure! That would be great. I’ll just tell mom.” Lindsi said as she yelled through the door at her mother that they were going on a walk. After her mother OKed it, the two started out around the block. They were handing in hand and about half way through there walk when Lindsi felt something cold hit her hand. “Did you feel that she said as she looked at Trevor. “Yea...” Trevor said quizzically. Then before their very eyes, it began to snow. What a perfect Christmas this turned out to be. It might have been Christmas time, but Lindsi had spring time feelings in the middle of December.

“Oh! Snow!” Lindsi said as the flakes began to fall liberally. Trevor let go of Lindsi’s hand and caught some flakes in his hand. “You think it’ll stick?” Trevor asked. “I hope so I’ve got an itch for a snowball fight.” Lindsi said eyeing Trevor mischievously. “Do you now?” Trevor said advancing in Lindsi’s direction. “Mhm.” Lindsi said backing away. “I’ll have you know I’m a hunter.. so I’m a master at aim.” Trevor said getting closer to Lindsi. “Whatever. I won’t believe it til I see it.” Lindsi said. “Challenge accepted.” Trevor said smugly. “I bet you can’t even catch me.” Lindsi said playfully. “Again. Challenge accepted.” Trevor said advancing toward Lindsi quicker. Lindsi began to run. “Ah! The thrill of the hunt!” Trevor said as he ran after her.  Lindsi was laughing so hard it was beginning to get hard to run. Trevor caught up with her and wrapped his arms around her from behind. “I caught you babe.” Trevor breathed into her neck. “I know...” Lindsi said exhausted. “Now I get to... EAT YOU!!!” Trevor said as he nibbled on Lindsi’s neck and ear. Lindsi melted into a fit of giggles. “Wait! If you eat me then who will you love?” Lindsi asked. “Oh I just wanted a taste.” Trevor said licking his lips. “I’ll give you something to taste.” Lindsi mumbled as she spun around and kissed him. After the kiss was over Trevor said “That tasted like sugar. Sweet. Just like you.” Lindsi laughed. “Thank you babe, I’m pretty sure my dad could learn from you.” “Oh does he use corny lines like that too?” Trevor asked as he wrapped his arms around Lindsi again. “Every chance he gets.” Lindsi said. Trevor laughed. “So does my dad. It’s hilarious.” “Stick around and I’m sure you’ll hear some of my dad’s.” Lindsi said as they rounded the last turn to her house. “Oh I plan to sweetheart.” Trevor said they returned to her driveway. “You better go before the roads get to bad!” Lindsi said worried. “Okay babe. I will. I’ll drive really careful too.” Trevor said as he unlocked his truck door. “Okay babe, I don’t know what I’d do if something where to happen to you!” Lindsi said snuggling into Trevor. “Ditto baby.” Trevor said lifting Lindsi’s chin and taking her hand. “Merry Christmas sweetheart. I love you.” Trevor said as he kissed Lindsi goodbye. “I love you too baby. I love you too.” Lindsi said as the kiss ended. “I’ll text you when I get home.” Trevor said as he hugged Lindsi before he climbed into his truck. “Please be careful babe.” Lindsi said as he buckled in. “I swear babygirl.” Lindsi pressed her hand to the cold truck door and smiled. Trevor smiled and started his truck. Lindsi backed away and waved as he carefully backed out of her drive. She stood in the street until he was out of sight. It was then that she screamed and jumped up and down and looked at her ring. Then hurriedly went in to show her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment