Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Part 16

Finals came and went and Trevor and Lindsi aced all of them. "We make a pretty good team." Trevor had said that day after all finals were over. "I agree." They went out to lunch to celebrate their first semester of college coming to a close.

Christmas was finally here and Lindsi could not be more excited. She had spent Christmas day with her family but both Trevor's and her parents agreed they could spend the 26th together. Trevor came over to Lindsi's house at 2 o clock. "Merry Christmas Trevor!" Lindsi's mother said when Trevor had arrived. "Merry Christmas Mrs. Chadwick." Trevor said as he gave Mrs. Chadwick a hug. "Merry Christmas Mr. Chadwick!" Trevor said as he went and shook Lindsi's dads hand. "Merry Christmas Trevor." Lindsi's dad said in return. "Gift time!" Lindsi said emerging from her room with a package. "Open yours first!" Lindsi said handing Trevor the gift. Trevor sat on the couch and Lindsi sat next to him. Lindsi's mother sat on  the lounge chair across from them and Lindsi's father was in his favorite recliner. Trevor tore into the present and pulled out a silver picture frame with hearts and love related words on the frame. Inside the frame was a picture of them both together that Lindsi had taken off of Trevor's Facebook and had sized and printed. "Oh Baby! I love this! I can put it beside my bed and look at you now every night before I go to sleep." Lindsi smiled. " I know its not much but I thought it would be a sweet gift." "I love it." Trevor said as he kissed Lindsi. "Hey! Hey! Hey!" Lindsi's dad said aggravated. "Daddy! It's Christmas! And Didn't I tell you I'd pay you back one day for all that mushy crap you say and do to mom?" "Well that's different." Lindsi's dad said. "It always is." Lindsi said. "C'mon Trevor.. We'll go outside." Lindsi said. And they did. Once outside, Lindsi spoke up again.. there's actually more than one reason I wanted to come out here. Not just cause of daddy. But there is also something I want to say that goes along with your gift.." "Okay baby.. Shoot." "Trevor McKnight. You are the most thoughtful, considerate, amazing guy I have ever met. You are my dream guy. I thank GOD for you each and everyday. I hope and pray this relationship never ends. You are my other half. You are my best friend." Trevor smiled. "Stop right there please ma'am." Sit down and open your gift now." "But I wasn't done!" Lindsi said. "I don't care baby. Open this. Then I can something's to say as well." Lindsi's heart leaped as she looked at the box in Trevor's  hand. It looked like a ring box..... She took its and unwrapped it. It was a small velvet box. "Trevor..." Lindsi said. "Open the box baby." Trevor said smiling. Lindsi cracked the box open. inside was a silver ring with two hearts laces together with diamonds on both sides. "Trevor.. I..." "Shhh/ It's my turn to talk. I've wanted to tell you this since our dancing date. Lindsi. You have made me the happiest guy alive. Since the day I first met you have captured my heart, I knew the minute I saw you  in the library I want you to be my girlfriend. The ring you see before you is a promise ring. I promise to never ever leave you. I promise to be here whenever you need me. I promise to give you the respect and love you deserve. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I need you. You have filled  a space in my heart I thought no one could. You make my days brighter and help me get through hard days... Lindsi I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment