Monday, December 9, 2013

Part 14.

The next day, as promised, Trevor showed up. Lindsi was feeling better, she had gone to the doctor that morning and had her first antibiotics down her. She was sitting on the couch in her favorite fuzzy PJs when the knock on the door came. Lindsi got up and answered it. "Hey babe!" Trevor said as he pulled Lindsi into his arms. "Hey darling' "  Lindsi said. "Your looking better today!" "Yes, Its amazing what sleep, two amazing people, and antibiotics can do for a girl." Lindsi said as she sunk into Trevor's embrace. "Trevor! Pleasure to see you again." Lindsi's mom said as she came to the kitchen from the hallway. "Same to you Mrs. Chadwick, I hope you don't mind." "Not in the slightest." Lindsi's mom said.  Trevor and Lindsi went to the couch and Trevor turned the volume down. "Lindsi. I need to ask you something." Yes. Yes. I will marry you. Lindsi thought to herself. "Sure babe." Lindsi said turning her attention to him. "My parents are dying to meet you.. Would you be my date to dinner Friday night?" "Of course!" Lindsi said excited. "Great! Then after I have another surprise, If you feel up to it." "I'm sure I'll be well by then." "Okay baby. But I do have a dress code for Friday night." "Okay. Shoot." Lindsi said curious. "A dress or skirt. and some fancy but comfy shoes." Lindsi wasn't really a dress our skirt girl unless she HAD to be, and those was one of those times. "Okay baby. I'll  do it." Lindsi said already formulating ideas in her head. Trevor left around 3, as he had stuff to do. Lindsi told her mom about Trevor's plans for Friday and she seemed happy, but still concerned about her daughters health.

Friday night finally rolled around and Trevor was set to be at Lindsi's house in an hour. Lindsi had decided on wearing her brown sweater dress and black tights with brown boots and grabbed her trench coat out of the coat closet. (It was December for crying out loud)  Her hair was loose and curly. When Trevor picked her up he was wearing purple. A purple long sleeved button up shirt, wranglers, boots, and a black cowboy hat. He looked really good. "Have.. mercy... You look stunning." Trevor said as Lindsi got into the truck. "Oh, I've only worn this thing twice." "You should wear it more. It looks nice." Trevor said. "Thank you Lindsi" said as she took Trevor outstretched hand. They held hands and talked until the pulled into his house. It was a brown brick house, with rock outlines. It looked very cozy.  "Well this is it." Trevor said as he turned the truck off. Lindsi swallowed hard. "Babe? You aren't nervous are you?" "YES!" Lindsi blurted out. Trevor grabbed Lindsi's face gently. "Baby, Just be yourself. I..m sure they will love you." Lindsi smiled. "Okay baby. Let's go." Trevor hopped out and so did Lindsi. They held hands until Trevor opened the front door. " Mom! Dad! I'm home!" Trevor's mother came out of what Lindsi assumed to be the kitchen. The inside of the house was twice as nice as the outside. " Oh! You must be Trevor's girlfriend! I've heard such great things about you!" Trevors mother said as she hugged Lindsi. Lindsi smiled and relaxed. As the hug ended, Lindsi smiled and said: "Yes ma'am, Mrs. McKnight. I'm Lindsi, pleased to meet you." " Please call me Debra." "Who s this beautiful girl in my house! Could it be Lindsi? The girl Trevor talks about from sun up to sun down?" Lindsi flushed red. "Hello Mr. McKnight, That's me. Lindsi Chadwick. It's a pleasure to meet you." "My goodness son she is even prettier in person. That picture on your phone does her no justice." Lindsi flushed pink again. Mr. McKnight took Lindsi's outstretched hand and shook it. "Pleasure to meet you Ms. Chadwick. Call me George." Lindsi smiled. "That's my grandfathers name." "Oh? Really now?" Mr. McKnight asked. "Yes sir. My mother's father." "Well just tell your grandfather hello from one George to another." "I will do that sir." Lindsi said looking upward and smiling. "Come! Sit! Dinner is almost ready." Mrs. McKnight said as she lead Lindsi and Trevor to the dinning room.  Trevor and Lindsi sat down next to each other at the long mahogany table, while Mr. McKnight sat across from them. Trevor placed his hand on the table and Lindsi gladly took it. Trevor was drawing circles with his thumb when Mr. McKnight said: "So Miss Lindsi what are you studying at Texarkana College?" Well Sir, This semester I'm doing the basics I didn't get in high school from dual credit, and then in the spring I'm going to major in Behavioral Sciences." "Oh my! Dual credit? Smart, and pretty. Just like your mother." Mr. McKnight said pointing at Trevor. "Trevor laughed. Right about then Mrs. McKnight came to the dining room doorway. Dinners ready if you want to come dish up your plates." Trevor and Lindsi walked hand in hand to the kitchen where on the counter sat garlic bread, a salad bowl, and a pot of spaghetti, another pot of ravioli, and what looked to be fettuccini alfreado. "Dig in!" Mrs. McKnight said coming behind Lindsi and squeezing her shoulders. "Trevor told me you  liked Italian food, and that you had been sick, so I figured this would be a get well treat." "Oh my! Thank you Mrs. M...Debra. This look amazing. Did Trevor also tell you I love to eat?" Lindsi smiled and Mrs. Debra let out a lighthearted giggle. "Honey we all do around this house, you fit right in!" After everyone had gotten their plates and was seated in the dining room Mr. McKnight offered to say the blessing. After the blessing was said, and they were all digging into their meal, they talked about college, Mr. McKnight's work, Trevor, Lindsi's parents, and everything in-between. They laughed and cut up. Lindsi felt like she already had a second family. After everyone was stuffed, Lindsi helped Mrs. McKnight clear the table. "Oh no! No ma'am! I got this! You got sit down yo are our guest!" "Mrs. Debra! After that delicious meal its the least I could do!" "No sweetie! Go sit down!" "I'm afraid you won't be sitting for long." Trevor said as he entered the kitchen. "Oh? Why's that?" Lindsi asked. "I can't tell you babe, surprise remember?"  "Awh! Not even a hint?" Lindsi whined. "Nope." Trevor said shaking his head. "Well you two run along then!" "Yes stop keeping this girl waiting boy!" Mr. McKnight said as he walked in behind Trevor. "Alright! Alright!" Trevor said laughing. "Lindsi it was wonderful to meet you, I hope to see you again soon!" Mrs. McKnight said hugging Lindsi. "Yes, I agree, It was a pleasure to meet you Miss Lindsi." Mr. McKnight hugged Lindsi as well. "It was a pleasure to meet and dine with you both as well." Lindsi said. Trevor kissed his mom on the cheek and hugged his dad. "I'll see you guys later!" He said as he and Lindsi walked out the door. When they got back into the truck and buckled in Trevor said: "They loved you. They REALLY loved you. Just like I said." "I loved them too! They are so easy going and your moms an awesome cook. Almost as good as mine." Lindsi said smiling. "Well I wouldn't know." Trevor said looking at Lindsi. "You may find out sooner than you think boy." Lindsi said. Trevor smiled as he started down the road. They drove for what seemed like forever. "Where are we going?" Lindsi finally asked, "Right here Miss. Impatient." Lindsi looked out the window at what looked to be an old metal building. "Come on." Trevor said as he hopped out of the truck. Lindsi followed him to the building and then he covered her eyes. "Trevor!" Don't open yet." They walked a few more steps and then Trevor moved his hands from her field of view. The building was lit dimly with candles and a spot light in the center. Trevor then walked over to an old stereo and pushed a button. The building was flooded with the sound of Cowboys and Angels by Dustin Lynch. Trevor then walked over to Lindsi and gathered her in his arms. "I don't suppose you dance?" Trevor whispered. " One thing I was blessed with was rhythm baby. I could dance all night long." "Good." Trevor said "That's exactly what I plan to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment