Monday, September 30, 2013

Part 5

Trevor was looking deeply into Lindsi's eyes as he asked this question. "Trevor...I... You..." Lindsi swallowed hard. "You are the most amazing guy, and I love your company... I.. just got out of a HORRID relationship.. and.. I'd really like to get to know you more.. before I jump and fall again...I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you.." Trevor smiled at this. "Lindsi, I respect you. I respect you for the decision you just made, for the strength that must have required. And I would be delighted to get to know you more as well, and I'm genuinely sorry if I pressured you." Lindsi smiled hugely. "Trevor.. you have no idea how much this means to me! Oh my goodness! I could hug you so hard right now." Trevor opened his arms "Do it girl!" Lindsi slammed into him and hugged him tightly. she whispered. "Thank you." into his camo jacket. They then climbed into his truck and started back toward the college. Trevor stopped in front of Lindsi's car to let her out. "Safe and sound again ma'am!" "Thank you Trevor, for everything. I hope I didn't hurt your ego too bad.." Lindsi said shyly. "Nah! There's still hope crazy! You said not yet not no." "Indeed I did sir!" Lindsi said as she smiled and leaned over the console and  quickly kissed him on the cheek. "Trevor placed his hand over where Lindsi's lips were. "Yea, I definitely felt some hope there." Lindsi smiled and said: "Good. I hope you did. Please stay in touch Trevor." Lindsi then slid of  the truck and over to her car. She waved until he rounded the corner then got into her car. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Lindsi squealed. "Oh my Goodness!! I can't believe this! He is so awesome! I hope he does stay in touch.. since I rejected him. I hope he isn't one of those guys that tell you they'll stay in touch and then he disappears." She thought to herself. She then looked Heavenward. "May Your Will Be Done." She then drove home.

At 10:30 the next morning, Lindsi was awakened by her phone ringing. "Err.. Helloo?" "Morning sunshine!" Trevor said. "Morn..ing." Lindsi said as she rubbed her face. "I'm sorry if I woke you up but I just wanted to call to see if you had any plans tonight?" "It's okay, best wake up call I've had in a while. Tonight huh? Let me look." Lindsi threw the covers back and walked over to her wall calendar and looked at the days date. It was empty. Her heart leaped. "It looks like I'm free tonight. What's up?" "I was wondering if you wanted to go out to eat.. with me.. tonight." Trevor stammered. "I would love to!" "Awesome! What time am I picking you up?" "What time works for you?" Lindsi said half shocked. "He is COMING to PICK ME UP? Wow. This IS a first." She thought to herself. "Say around 7?" Trevor said breaking up the thought. "Sounds amazing.. I'll text you the directions, but I warn you they are kinda confusing. If you get lost call and ill come meet you somewhere, until you get the hang of it." "Okay! Sounds good." Trevor laughed. "Wait! Where are we eating?" Lindsi asked. "You'll see pretty girl you'll see." "A surprise huh? I love it! But that doesn't help in the "What do I wear" department you know!" Lindsi teased. "Well, All I can say is wear what you want. You'll look beautiful in anything I know for fact." Trevor said. "Thank you Trevor! That was sweet!" "Anytime Lindsi. Anytime." Trevor said. "See you at 7 then!" Lindsi said her excitement mounting. "I can't wait. And I mean that literally." Trevor said. Lindsi laughed. "It's  only 8 1/2 hours! You'll survive, now if you'll excuse me I have to go raid my closet." "OH! What are you wearing?" Trevor asked curiously. "You'll see Trevor. You'll see." And she hung up the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment