Friday, September 6, 2013

Part 3.

Lindsi finished up her hour and a half yoga class, and was headed out the door of the class, only to find a ever sweaty Trevor standing beside it. "Hey!" He said as he spotted Lindsi. "Hey..." Lindsi breathed. Her yoga teacher worked them out again today. "Tired?" Trevor said as he walked along with Lindsi outside. "Yes. Horribly." Lindsi said as she draped her jacket over her shoulders. Even though she was sweaty it was still 60 degrees out there. "Me too! I just lifted and did the elliptical" Trevor said as they waited for the cars to go across the street. "You are probably worse than me then! My core hurts and my hairs a mess and I'm sweaty." Lindsi said. "Ouch. Um.. Hey.. I know your really tired and all but.. is there any way you would.. maybe.. like to go for... yogurt?" Trevor edged. "Frozen?" Lindsi asked inquisitively. "Yea! TCBY okay?" Lindsi smiled then. "How did he know I've been CRAVING frozen yogurt?" Lindsi asked herself. "Yea! That would be great!" Lindsi said. "Awesome!" Trevor said as he too smiled. "Gosh he has a great smile..." Lindsi again thought to herself. "We can take my truck if you want.." Trevor asked carefully. "Umm are you sure you wanted to bring me all the way back here?" Lindsi asked as she shivered slightly. "Yea! It's not a big deal to me! Unless you wanna take your car. I thought it would save you gas." Trevor said as he noticed her shiver. "Wow, um, That's REALLY nice of you." Lindsi said shocked. "Hey! My momma taught me manners! What can I say?" Trevor beamed. Lindsi smiled and shivered again, her sweat had dissipated by now. "Well, It's definitely a good quality to have, manners take you a long way." "Yea, they do." Trevor said as they reached his truck. It was a grey Z71 with mud tires, slightly lifted. "Wow..." Lindsi gaped as he unlocked the drivers side door. "What?" Trevor asked as he walked around the other side and opened the passenger side door for Lindsi.  "This truck... is AWESOME! I've always wanted a truck like this!" Lindsi said excitedly. Trevor smiled. "Really? I wouldn't have pegged you as a truck loving kind of girl. It's definitely not a mother ship." Trevor smiled wider as he said this. "Your right... it's 150 times BETTER! And hey there's ALOT more to me than meets the eye boy! " Lindsi said as she walked closer to the door. "Thank you, and oh really? Like what?" Trevor said as he helped Lindsi into the truck and shut the door. Lindsi buckled up while he walked around the other side and hopped in. "Well, missy Ma'am?" Trevor said as the engine roared to life. " Well, for starters, I AM a truck loving kind of girl, Thank you!" "Alright what else?" Trevor asked as he pulled away from the college. "Goodness. Where do I even begin!" Lindsi said with a smile as she warmed her hands on the vents of the truck. "Well, at the beginning silly!" Trevor laughed.  So she did. "Well on July 13th 1995 a baby girl was born....."

As they pulled into TCBY's parking lot, Lindsi was just finishing telling Trevor about all her courses she was taking at the college. He knew her birthday, that she lived with both her parents and puppy in DeKalb, that she loved music, animals, and laughter, about her best friend, and her family, what movies she liked, what she did for fun, and how silly she loved to act. He seemed accepting of it all. " Now tell me about you!" Lindsi prodded as she filled her cup with yogurt. "Well, I'm 19. Birthday is June 23, 1994." Trevor said as he followed behind Lindsi. " My parents live here in Texarkana, I grew up in Abilene, Then we moved down here, because dad got a job offer, and we stayed here ever since." They sat down at a table as Trevor continued. "I too love music, animals, and Jesus, and laughter." Lindsi smiled as she took a bite of her yogurt. "I love riding four-wheelers, mudding, and horse back riding." Trevor continued. " Wow! Lucky! I can't ride four-wheelers! One we don't own one and two I'm in a residential area. If I did though I'd be muddy all the time. Even though I've never done that either... or horseback riding." "What kinda country girl are you!?" Trevor laughed. "If you ain't never done none of them things you ain't quite country...yet." "Well! It's not my fault!" Lindsi laughed back. "True, True. Maybe one day when we both don't have class I can take you out to my place and we can make you into a FULL country girl, You've definitely got the accent down though!" Trevor laughed. "Thank you! I think.. and that would be AWESOMEEEE" Lindsi said as she scraped the last of her yogurt into her mouth. "Okay then! Just tell me when you don't have class and we'll try to set it up." "Okay. Will do!" Lindsi said as she and Trevor stood and started toward the door. "So, did you enjoy your yogurt?" "The yogurt and the company were both divine!" Lindsi said  flirtily. Trevor smiled. "I'm glad I could help with that. I had a good time too." They climbed back in the truck and started toward the college. They were discussing food, when they pulled up next to Lindsi's car. "Thank you Trevor. I had a great time." Lindsi said shyly. "Your most welcome. Thank you for not rejecting me!" Trevor said. Lindsi laughed. "Why in the world would I reject you?" " Because, You think I'm a creepy guy who keeps stalking your every move." Trevor said. "OH! SO YOU ADMIT IT!" Lindsi said smiling. "NO! NO! That's not the way...." " I know I know! I'm playing, I promise. You are super nice and a gentleman is what you are sir." Lindsi said. Trevor smiled again. "Thank you Lindsi. Um.. Hey.. Do you wanna exchange phone numbers to keep in touch or would that be to far or creepy?" 'NO! That's totally fine! I was wondering how I was going to contact you if I didn't have class anyhow!" Lindsi said pulling out her phone. The two exchanged phone numbers and Lindsi jumped out of his truck and after saying their goodbyes she waved as he pulled away from the curb. "Wow, He is something else." She thought to herself, looking Heavenward. " Thank you, It was totally worth the wait, and little bit of pain. Thank you God, Thank you." She got in her car and drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment