Friday, October 4, 2013

Part 6.

Lindsi tossed her phone on her bed and bolted out her door. "Goodmorning dear!" Her mother said. Lindsi smiled widely. "MOM!!! Guess who woke me up?" "Who?" "Trevor.. He called and asked if I would like to go out to eat!" "OH!!!" Her mom said. "And that's not even the best part! He is coming to pick me up!" Lindsi said. "OH!! He is a keeper!" Lindsi's mom said. It did her heart good to see her daughter so happy, especially after all the years she watched her cry. Lindsi was wiser because of all those tears though, and tougher. From what she had heard about her daughter and Trevor he seemed to be a good boy, she just hoped he didn't crush Lindsi again like the others. "I know! I'm so excited! And nervous!" Lindsi interjected. "So where's he taking you?" "He won't tell me!" Lindsi whined. "Ohhh! A surprise! You should love that!" "Mhm! I have to pick my outfit! There's so much to do! and only 8 hours to do it!" Lindsi said as she flew into the kitchen and picked up an apple. "Calm down! You have plenty of time dear!" Lindsi's mom said as she patted her daughter back.

6:30 finally rolled around, 30 minutes until Trevor was to arrive. He had texted Lindsi and said that he was on the way and hasn't texted or called again, so she assumed he was okay. Lindsi had decided to wear her favorite pair of jeans (LA IDIOLS), and a pink cami with a colorful plaid shirt over the top tied in a knot in the middle, and her cowboy boots. Her hair was in a straight ponytail. Right as she was putting the finishing touches on her look her phone rang. "Hello?" "Please tell me you see my truck in your driveway.." Trevor said nervously. Lindsi looked out her bedroom window and sure enough there he was. "Affirmative!" Lindsi said as she trotted outside to meet him. "Wow..." Trevor said as Lindsi approached him. "What?" Lindsi said as she looked down at her chosen outfit. Trevor grabbed Lindsi hand and spun her around. "You look amazing. As I knew you would." Trevor said beaming. "Well, Thank you!" Lindsi said as they hugged. "Ready to meet my parents?" Lindsi asked nervously. "Yes ma'am I am!" Trevor said enthusiastically. "Here we go then." Lindsi said as she led Trevor into the house. "Mom! Dad! I want you to meet someone!" Lindsi called though the house. Her mother was already standing at the sink when they walked in and Lindsi noticed the look on her mothers face. It was a look of sheer approval. "Hello Trevor! I'm Lindsi's mother, Kathy." Her mom said as she and Trevor shook hands. "Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Chadwick." Trevor said as they ended the handshake. "Hello, Trevor..." Said Lindsi's dad as he came bounding down the hall and into the kitchen. "Hello Mr. Chadwick" Trevor stuck out his hand and Lindsi's dad took it and shook it firmly. Lindsi watched as this was going on, she knew this was the person Trevor had to worry about the most. "That's my little girl right there son. MY BABY. Even though she is 18 she'll always be my baby." Lindsi's dad said and he looked Trevor dead in the eyes. But Lindsi noticed Trevor didn't waver or look scared at all. "Yes sir. I fully understand, I also know that I too would die if something should happen to her." Lindsi turned her head toward her mother and looked shocked and excited. Lindsi's mom smiled back. "Well I'm sure she is in safe hands. Ya'll have fun and be safe." Lindsi's dad turned to her and smiled. Lindsi mouthed "Thank you" over her shoulder as they headed out the door. Once they where back in the truck and buckled in Lindsi turned to Trevor. "That wasn't so bad huh?" "Nah. I was totally okay the WHOLE TIME." Trevor said. "Uh huh. SURE." Lindsi said laughing. "I'm serious!" Trevor said as he smiled and grabbed Lindsi's hand. "Is.. this okay?" Trevor asked as he gestured to their intertwined hands. "Yes. It's fine." Lindsi said smiling and rubbing the top of his hand with her thumb. Trevor smiled as she did this. "You know Lindsi.. I think I'm more scared of you.. than I am of your parents.." Trevor said. "Oh? Why so?" "Because.. I'm afraid of losing you.."

No comments:

Post a Comment