Sunday, November 24, 2013

Part 11.

Lindsi couldn't control herself. She ran to him. Chewy (her Maltese) barked his fool head off until Trevor bent down and scooped him up. "This must be the infamous Chewy. Hey Squirt!" Trevor said rubbing the top of his fuzzy head. Chewy was going crazy licking him. He usually didn't do that to people he'd only saw once. He'd barked at him when Trevor came into the house for their first date, but Lindsi's mom put him away shortly after that. He put Chewy back on the ground and then bent down to get a look at Maya (her new German Shepard/ Japanese Wolf puppy) "My my Maya. You are a beautiful puppy and loving too!" Trevor said as he let Maya jump on his legs and lick him to death. After she was done he rubbed her head and then stood to face Lindsi. "Now, you guys are both good looking dogs, but you can't compare to your momma. She is the best looking of them all." Trevor said as he pulled Lindsi in and held her and covered her in kisses. Lindsi burst out laughing. After Trevor stopped his kiss attack she said: "What in the world are you doing here on a Sunday? This is supposed to be family and Jesus's  day!" "I know and I'm sorry for showing up unannounced but I had to come see you. Dad wanted me to go to Wal-Mart any how so it was just a few more miles. I told him where I was going and he just laughed." "Trevor!" Lindsi and Trevor turned to see Lindsi's mom coming out to see them both. "What a surprise!" "I'm sorry Mrs. Chadwick, I did give Lindsi or you any notice I was dropping in but I had to come see Lindsi. I was in New Boston and it was just a couple more miles."  "It's fine. I don't mind. I'm sure Lindsi was surprised though." She said taking the leash's from Lindsi. "Thoroughly." Lindsi said hugging Trevor. Trevor wrapped his arms around her. "I'll take the dogs." Lindsi mom said as she started toward the house. I have something for you!" Trevor said as he opened the truck door. "You bought me something? TREVOR!" "I wanted to surprise you. Now close your eyes." Trevor said sheepishly. Lindsi did just that. "Open." When Lindsi opened her eyes Trevor stood behind the biggest bouquet of flowers Lindsi had ever seen. They weren't ordinary flowers either. They were the kind that are the really vibrant colors.  "TREVOR! OH MY GOODNESS! THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!" Lindsi said as she took the huge bouquet. "Just like you, I thought roses were too cliché so I got these because they are different and special like you." "Oh you! You are the best!" Lindsi said as she kissed Trevor. "I love it when you do that." Trevor said as the kiss ended. "Kiss you?" "Yes." Trevor said wrapping Lindsi in his arms again. About that time his phone rang. "Dammit.." Trevor said as he reached into his pocket. "Hello? Hey dad. Yea.. but.. yea.. I know. But.. yes. Sir." Trevor hung up. "Looks like dad needs this paint in a hurry so I got to go.." "Go get your dad his paint sweetheart." I'll see you tomorrow. You can walk me to class if you want." "What about if we got breakfast together too?" Trevor said. "Sure! When and where?" "How about McDonalds on Richmond?" "Yum.. it's a date." Lindsi said. "Thank you again for the flowers my amazing boyfriend." Trevor shivered. "I love it when you say that." He was such a ham. But a cute sweet ham at that. Lindsi stood on her tiptoes and kissed him goodbye. "See you at McDonald's in the morning love."  "Can't wait. I'll text you when I get home babe." "No rush sweetie. I'll be waiting." Trevor hugged Lindsi one last time and drove away. "Lindsi smelled the flowers and then walked in the house with them. "Oh MY! THOSE ARE GORGEOUS!" Lindsi's mom exclaimed when she saw them. "Aren't they though?" Lindsi responded. She found a vase for them and put them in her room. When she turned her mother was standing in the doorway. "He sure does like you. I've never seen a boy so crazy about a girl as Trevor is about you." "Oh mom! I'm just as crazy about him. But a part of me still has that guard up. But he's breaking most of it down everyday we spend together." "He is quite the charmer. And respectful, and sweet, and.." Lindsi was staring  at her mother with a huge smile on her face. "You like him too! That's rare!" "Well.. I just think your fairytale might have come true with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment