Thursday, October 10, 2013

Part 7

"Afraid of losing me?" Lindsi asked questionably. "Yes. And I don't even have you yet. And I'm really sorry if I'm starting to be pushy... You can tell me to back off at anytime." Trevor said as they drove down the road. "Noted. but I like the way things are going." Lindsi said as she smiled at Trevor. "Good. I just don't wanna do ANYTHING to jeopardize my...our chances of being together... when you are ready of course." Trevor said as he squeezed Lindsi's hand. "Thank you Trevor.. So where exactly are we going? The curiosity is killing me!" Lindsi said. "KILLING YOU!? NO! PLEASE DON'T DIE! WE ARE ALMOST THERE!" Trevor said in a panicked voice. "What? We aren't in a town... We are in the boonies.." Lindsi said confused. They were a little outside the outskirts of DeKalb were all the back roads and pastures were. "I've always wanted to take a girl out on a date like this one.. But I've never found one special enough to fit the bill... We always when to a fancy restaurant. But when you mentioned you wanted to go muddin'... I figured you might like this. If you don't we can go to a restaurant." Trevor said nervously. "This is fine.. But where are we going?" Lindsi asked excitedly. "Right. Here." Trevor said as he turned down a back road and traveled down until he reached a fenced in pasture and stopped in front of the gate. "Hold on." Trevor said as he hopped out of the truck and went out to the gate. He pulled keys from his pocket and jangled them until he found the right one and opened the gate. He swung it open wide enough to get his truck though. "Hey Lindsi!" He called. "Yes!?" She answered. "Slide out and hop over to the drivers side and drive my truck though the gate so I can close it behind you please ma'am?" Lindsi jumped out of the truck and walked half way around before stopping and saying: "Are you SERIOUS?" "Yes.. I am.." Trevor said happily. "I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DRIVE A TRUCK LIKE THIS!!!" Lindsi screamed excitedly as she ran up and hugged Trevor. "Well your not going very far just past  this gate about 5 feet. Don't go past those trees." Trevor said as he gestured to the trees with his head. "Yes Sir! Lindsi said as she climbed into the drivers seat and pulled the truck through the gate to where Trevor had instructed. He closed and locked the gate behind her. "Okay Missy Ma'am. Hop up." Trevor said as she climbed down and ran around to the passenger side again and hopped back in right as he was climbing back into the drivers seat. "Now, Here is the reason I told you not to go past those trees." Trevor said as he drove around the trees that lined the pasture on both sides. As he completed the turn Lindsi's mouth fell to the ground. Facing into the truck was the most beautiful sunset she had ever witnessed. Pink, orange, red, and a light purple filled the sky. "This.. is.. Amazing..." Lindsi said as she stared out into the sky. "But.. Where did you find this perfect spot?" "Member how I told you my dad got a job offer in Texarkana?" Trevor asked. "Yes..?" Lindsi said. "Well.. His work gave him this pasture to store a storage building on and instead he built it closer to home. So its been vacant ever since." "Oh. Okay! Well I'm honored that you chose me to be the first one that you brought here Trevor.." "You.. Are the ONLY one.. I want to bring here Lindsi." Trevor said as he looked deeply into Lindsi's eyes and grabbed her hand and kissed it gently. Lindsi smiled as he did this. "So.. I promised you dinner.. I hope you like KFC.." Trevor said as he pulled Lindsi's hand away from his lips. "Chicken?" Lindsi asked. "Yes..." Trevor said scared. Lindsi smiled and said " I love chicken so much I might as well be black." Trevor laughed out loud. "Sorry but I'm glad your not.. I only date white meat." Then Lindsi laughed out loud. " Nice analogy! Same here!" Trevor smiled. "We have so much in common!" "I know! It's awesome!" Lindsi said. "So I hope your okay with chicken strips.. I don't eat bone chicken.." Trevor said. "ME EITHER!" Lindsi said shocked. "Awesome!" Trevor said as he put the truck back in drive and backed up to where the tail gate was facing the sunset. "Well.. Are you okay with eating in the bed of the truck?" Trevor asked. As he out it in park and pulled the keys out of the ignition.  "Sounds great." Lindsi said excitedly. She had ALWAYS wanted a date just like this one. "Well lets go!" Trevor said as he unbuckled his seat belt and slid out as Lindsi did the same. Trevor walked back to the back seat and pulled out the bag of food from KFC along with a big fluffy blanket and two pillows. Lindsi took the bag of food from him as he let down the tailgate and spread the blanket over the cool metal of the bed. Then propped the pillows against the cab. He took the bag of food from Lindsi then helped her up into the bed. They where standing face to face in the bed, Lindsi's back was to the sunset, and Trevor was facing into it. Trevor looked at Lindsi for a long time. "What..?" Lindsi asked. "You.. Are the most beautiful girl I've ever met Lindsi. I'm not saying that because it seemed like something I should say at this time either, nor because I'm like the douchebags that only want in your pants. I'm saying that because I mean it. 100%. You are crazy pretty. The sun is casting a orange glow  from behind you.. It's amazing.." Trevor said as he locked his arms around Lindsi's waist. "I.. Don't know what to say to that Trevor.. Never.. Have I met a guy so genuine and caring.. You respect me and my choices.. You are so sweet... You are truly a wonderful, cute, respectful gentleman. Thank you for taking me out tonight, for all this.." Lindsi said as she looked back at Trevor and placed her arms around his neck. "Your welcome gorgeous." Trevor said as he leaned his head in and whispered against Lindsi's lips: Can I kiss you again Lindsi..?" "Yes Trevor you may.." Lindsi whispered back. Trevor kissed Lindsi then. Softly, and passionately. It was then in that glorious moment Lindsi felt something she had NEVER felt before. Fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment