Monday, May 20, 2013

Fast Cars & Freedom

She was hunched over some homework, in what was called "The Hub". It was an area in the back of the TC library. "Ughhhhhhhh." Lindsi turned to see her new friend Collen standing in the doorway. "Are you talk-" She started to say but then realized he was on the phone, well, hanging it up really. "Is everything okay?" She asks him. "Yes, just a friend having some issues with his girl." She turns her head back to her books. "Oh, i hope everything turns out okay." "I'm sure it will, so what are you working away at over here?" He turned up the book to stare at the cover. "Physics. I just don't get it... i didn't in high school either." He smiles. "I love Physics! Maybe I can help you out." He scoots his chair close to her. "Oh, good! Your just beginning! So I can help you without you being lost!" She smiles. "Thank goodness!" He beginnings to explain the Physics to her, and she actually gets it!
Later, shes not sure how much time has passed, but her stomach begins to growl. "Excuse me! I must be hungry!" He checks his phone. "Well, I imagine you are! We have been in here for over 3 hours." "Your kidding! it didn't feel like that long at all! I hope I didn't keep you from any plans!" "Not at all! I was actually coming in here to see if you wanted to grab some coffee with me, when i noticed that confused look." She blushes. "Well, I would love to grab some coffee with you, Collen." "Well, you sound like you need more than coffee Lindsi. How about, Olive Garden? That's my favorite place." "I LOVE THAT PLACE!" She says. "Well, After you ma'am." "Wait! Will your girlfriend be mad about you taken another girl out to dinner?" "Last time I checked I was a single guy.. but lets talk more about that over dinner, shall we?" He draped his arm loosely around her shoulders, as they head out to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment